These guidelines are designed to ensure that users of the Reality Hub have an enjoyable, beneficial, and productive experience. They boil down to common sense, basic courtesy, respect, and not using the site as a blatant advertising or spamming platform.
When we say “we,” we mean The Climate Reality Project (also called “Climate Reality”). When we say “community” or “Reality Hub,” we mean the Reality Hub online community located at realityhub.climaterealityproject.org, where users contribute to the success of The Climate Reality Project’s mission.
We recommend you check back once in a while, as these guidelines may be updated. Any new community features will also fall under these guidelines.
- The Reality Hub thrives on its members and members’ participation.
- Stay involved, make comments, download resources, start a forum topic, make new connections.
- Although not all information is public, consider what you post on your profile and if you are comfortable with others seeing – and knowing – it.
- These guidelines are designed to help make participation for everyone a positive experience.
How you interact with others in an online platform is not that different from the way you would interact in real life. But there are some things you should be mindful of in an online environment. The following behaviors should be avoided for the benefit of the community:
- Don’t post in all caps—it’s the same as SHOUTING.
- Don't use offensive language, be rude, use hate speech, or harass or spam other members.
- No selling, solicitation, advertisement, or promotion of products or services is permitted on the Reality Hub. This is a place to engage with other members in a positive way, not sell stuff.
- Don't upload illegal or copyrighted materials that don’t belong to you.
- Don't upload a picture that you wouldn't show a child — that means no pictures of nudity, or sexual content, violence, weapons, etc.
- Don’t post any content advocating for or against the election of a candidate to public office.
Be sincere in your contributions. Post with purpose - to inspire, enable or share with fellow Climate Reality Leaders.
Handling Issues on the Reality Hub
- If there is an inappropriate post in the Forums you’d like to report, please flag the content by clicking “report abuse” at the bottom of any post. Please note that while Climate Reality has no obligation to delete content that you find personally objectionable or offensive, we will do our best to address any problems that may arise.
- If you receive an inappropriate private message, please email the contents of the message to email@example.com.
- When there is a violation of our guidelines, we may:
- Provide a warning to the offender.
- Delete some or all of the objectionable content.
- Temporarily or permanently terminate the offending member’s account (we really hope not to have to do this).
Things to Remember
- Climate Reality is not responsible for the content provided by users on the site and the content provided by users is their opinion and not that of Climate Reality.
- Use common sense when reading any recommendations or advice and always consult a professional (e.g., your doctor, tax accountant, lawyer, etc.) when making any important decisions.
- Our guidelines will evolve over time and we reserve the right to modify or change them without notice.
- Certain groups within Reality Hub may have their own guidelines posted. Please read these carefully and respect them.
That’s it! Thanks for joining us!